Saturday, October 20, 2012

Back home in the USA!

I have been home now for 12 days and the jet lag is gone!  The return flights of almost 24 hours were really harder than the going flights.  Our team made it back and so did our luggage!  We were thrilled to see our family and friends at the airport after getting through customs.  One of the first things back in America was to get a drink with ice cubes and then a hot shower after two days of traveling.  How spoiled we are in America with clean water & ice!  Never take that for granted!

People have been asking me what is my take away from this trip.
I say it is to see the joy of the Lord in these Christian sister's faces.  There smiles and singing voices light up the world around them that is so so dark. 

They ask that we would not forget them and to get their stories out. 

There are hundreds of woman waiting to get into the HEART WEEP program!  For a donation of  $50.00 you, a family, or group can sponsor a woman and her children for one month.  These HEART programs will save their lives!

Those of you who attend Bayside Church in Granite Bay, CA you may purchase items these ladies have made in the Bayside Cafe'.  Each mission team that goes over brings back items for the Cafe'.

To never forget these in creditable ladies and how their trusting faith in Jesus Christ gets then through each day!
 
"Freedom for Girls" is a program where a $5.00 gift will keep a teenage girl in school for a year, because she will have something we take for granted "sanitary pads"!  Most teenage girls in Kenya miss at least 5 days of school a month, because they cannot afford "sanitary pads".  After they have missed 15 days of school they usually drop out, because they are to far behind to catch up.  Just think the cost of one Starbucks could keep a girl in school for a year!


Not to take where and how I live for granted, but to thank God each and every day.

I hope you have seen the pictures on our team blog site www.faithhopelovekenya.blogspot.com that Misty Smith has posted. Misty was our team photographer and was able to catch some amazing photos.

I would love to talk to each of you about what God has allowed me to experience, so please ask me next time we see each other or talk.  I would also love to share my trip experiences with any group that would be interested in listening.  I cannot thank you enough for your prayers and support during the trip.  I pray that I was able to make you feel a part of the trip through my blog and our teams blog.  I could differently feel your prayers too.

This is the link to the HEART web site to donate if you feel moved to support any of these projects.
 http://africaheart.org/donate/online
If the link above does not work go to the main HEART web page and then click on donate.

The main HEART web page where you can find information on all their programs is:  www.africaheart.org

Thank you for reading my blogs and traveling with me to Kenya.

No comments:

Post a Comment